Friday, June 13, 2008

Party People

Last night my new friend Hailey and I were on our way too a party. This was a party I didn't really want to go to because it wasn't really going to be my scene. At any rate I have recently been accused of being Valerie's shadow, and that stung so off to the party I went. We got lost, the instructions were simple, go around the corner and flat three building eleven. We found 5 building elevens, and as we were pondering our next step we heard a loud familiar voice, it was our friend Emily (a kindergarten teacher from school). She was on a balcony above us, and when she saw who it was we were invited up for drinks, so we abandoned the search for the party and went for drinks.

It turns out Emily and her roommates were having an I.C.E. (Interesting Cultural Expereince) they had signed a 12 month lease for the very apartment we were sitting in not less than two weeks ago, they had bought the furniture from the outgoing tenants, and re-hired the house keeper. Then today out of nowhere Emily got a call from the landlord saying "Oh we rented to someone else"
Emily goes back to Canada in 13 days and has nowhere to put her things, and both of her roomies are in the same position. So Emily called the current tenants, and they invited her over for wine, and they were on their fourth bottle when we happened to walk by.

Valerie and I were suppossed to house sit for Emily and Co. over the summer, in a roundabout way this means Valerie and I are homeless as of the end of this month. Not to worry though we always land on our feet, and our friends who have lived here for awhile assure us that this is probably just a negotiating tactic.

No comments: