Sunday, September 14, 2008

Peer Pressure

Tonight was weird.
I went into the kitchen to make myself a cup of soup and this guy asks me if I'm hungry, I reply in the affirmative shake my cup of soup and smile. He says well if you make a salad out of my stuff here you can share my dinner with me. I said no thank-you, he persisted, I said no thank-you, he persisted, I said "Hmm I think I have some cucumber in the fridge." So I made the salad, and we sat down to a nice home cooked meal. He starts to tell me about his life and how he is a recovering alcoholic and that he is going to a costume party tonight and he wants to dress up as bat-man. I laughingly say the only costume item I have is my blue wig, and he goes cool can I borrow it. So there he is trying on my blue girly wig with his long black hair hanging underneath it. He wants me to braid his hair...suddenly I had somewhere else to be. Perhaps I'm just weird but it had gotten to the point where I wasn't prepared to have a pillow fight y'know? Enough girly bonding for one evening.

Then the three guy students who live here got involved in a drinking game with two other guests at the hostel, funniest fucking thing ever. They head off to a pub and leave me there where I wanted to be chatting with Julie the German intern. Julie wants to go to the pub but doesn't want to be the only girl...sigh. 15 minutes later I'm sitting in a pub starring at the pool table wondering how I got talked into this. Julie and I played two games of pool, she won once and I won the second, so then one of the guys comes over and I think this is it, I am about to have my ass handed to me. He leans over to me and says (bragging) "I've got a fisher price table at home." ITS SO ON!! Yeah I won. HA! Which is funny enough if you have never played pool with me but even funnier if you have, I can't make the stick hit the balls in any kind of logical way.

Also I am still sick and all night long I couldn't equalize my ears so I kept shaking my head. I'm kinda awesome.

No comments: