Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hostiles in the hostel

I have my treats that I really enjoy, one of which is organic cherry tomatoes. So I bought myself a small basket of them for $4, and placed them in the communal fridge. Where some fucker took them and ate them!!! Not only that but they took half of my cucumber. LOL Small worries really but how weird is that? Stealing cucumbers and tomatoes!! Life in the hostel isn't bad, my roommate won't be around on weekends because she works on the mainland. However some evenings eating supper can be a bit daunting there are always strangers who want to make conversation and to be honest, I could give a fuck. I know, I know that isn't very charitable but for the time being this is my home and imagine how you would feel coming down to dinner every night and having 6-12 new people there. There was an obnoxious man here the other night who kept trying to sell his bread, he had bought to much and wanted to sell it. He was really pushy, I said I tried not to eat bread and he looked offended. What is offensive about not wanting to eat bread?? In the daytime the location here is fantastic, at night especially on the weekends it can be a bit noisy. Last night and the night before the clubs were really loud. I also heard someone vomiting just under our window sill, it wasn't just some small puke either it was an operatic overture to the tune of the man's entire repast meeting the sidewalk...bleah.

In other news...I am going to Tanzania at X-mas. And, I am coming back to Canada in January. I will be leaving Canada again in April for more fun time teaching at CISE in Egypt. I have to pay for the second trip which I think is fair.

I had a surprise in one of my classes, who should walk in late but Derrick!! Almost ten years to the day we began theatre school together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tomatoes were obviously taken by someone who knows that tomatoes should never, EVER be put into a fridge. Ever. They were saving your poor tomatoes, since you didn't hear their screams.

Taking the cucumber, that's just wrong.

Gnome said...

everyone is a critic

Anonymous said...

Anyone putting tomatoes in the fridge should be forced to eat boiled sprouts and gravy from a packet. *shudder*