Thursday, November 27, 2008

The new and more absorbant model

I finally have my diagnosis, I know why I haven't been well. I have a disorder that amongst other things makes my insulin levels very high. Which means I am at risk for diabetes. So now I have to start on a low carb, low sugar, lame diet. Basically I can't eat any baked goods, salt, popcorn, pizza, potatoes, fried foods, ice cream, and any candy or anything that tastes good. Which considering my eating habits means some major changes. Changes that aren't happening over night. Tonight I bought myself some rice pudding, big no-no, and I ate it all! Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I was fine but today I had a bad moment.

There are some other aspects to my disease that aren't sitting well and I am trying to take it all in. It isn't easy. I have to make major changes in the way I live my life or I could get very sick. I don't want to wallow, but I have to take some time to let this all sink in. It is one thing to yo-yo diet because you want to lose weight, it is another thing entirely to be told you have to eat a certain way or you will get diabetes or worse.

2 comments:

Khali said...

it's a kicker all right.

does this mean I have to find you sugar-free sweets that taste good?

Gnome said...

yes, it does. And fake mashed potatoes because I'm not to eat those either