Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A cunning plan

A few years ago I watched an episode of sex and the city where Carrie had to defend her lifestyle to a married woman with children. She wondered why in this day and age we only celebrate rituals for families. Seriously, all of my friends who get married have big parties for their weddings. When people have children there is the inevitable oohs and aaahs and baby showers. As a single woman who has no impending children or wedding in the near future, I ask you...wheres my party?? So when I turn (shudder) 30 next year, I am going to celebrate it like an anti-wedding. I will have a fabulous gown, a big party and there had better be presents and friends from afar!! I know that Amber wanted a party like this for her birthday so I invite her and any other ladies of a similar age to come and celebrate with me, we will get gourgous gowns, a ridiculous cake, and dance the night away on August 25th 2009!

1 comment:

Amber Grant said...

you KNOW I will be there!