Monday, October 6, 2008

Holy Shit

Julie the German intern scared the crap out of me this week. After our shits and giggles Saturday night she went to sleep it off in another room. I found out the next day she had a minor stroke, and that she has heart problems. I tried my very best to convince her to see a doctor but she refused because she didn't have medical insurance. Anyway tonight at dinner time, she had another episode and I called the ambulance. I wasn't 100% sure it was the right thing to do but one of the other roommates suggested it and I followed through. It is going to cost her $1000. They looked her over and said there wasn't really anything they could do but reassure her that nothing is permanently damaged. So for the moment she is OK, and $1000 poorer. I am shaken, I lost a friend a long time ago under similar circumstances and I am... well shaken. I made an totally inappropriate joke as she walked out to go to subway

"try not to die"
says me.

Oh dear, such a me moment.

No comments: