Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Lippy Dippy

Today I did my first lesson plan with the kids, it was great. They had fun and they learned, who knew that was possible? HA ha. I did their unit on theatre and I had them doing theatre sports and lessons that I remembered from when I was their age. Next week I am doing a dance unit for them.

Then we went and did math. Wow, these kids are good at procrastinating and trying to get out of things. They don't listen and it seems the only way they co-operate is if they have the fear of something or someone coming down on them.

I felt sorry for one of the kids because he is clearly the smartest in the class, and he gets things ages before all the others. Then he sits there, gets bored, and promptly finds his way into trouble.

Unfortunetly I am still not getting paid and it is a bit stressfull. I think Valerie was overly optomistic when she estimated how much time I would get as a supply teacher.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you seem to be getting to know your class, that's good.Also I demand you get paid!!
Amber