Friday, May 9, 2008

Hired

I have been hired to teach summer school which is $500 a week, in July. I don't know how long summer school is going to run for, plese let it be at least three weeks. I also have one day of supply work coming up in May which is $75. Things haven't worked out very well. Valerie bought me the ticket here when there were very few teachers available for supply, unforunetly for me, the Principal's two adult daughters arrived only days after I did. One of the daughters is a trained teacher so of course she gets preference over me (as it should be), and the other daughter has been hired on to do some of the admin stuff that I had also been hoping for. Which leaves me with a great oppurtunity for volunteering, and that would be fine except I am dreadfully broke.

In other news, I finally got my camera back so very soon I will start posting pictures. I really enjoy teaching Valerie's class, and working as a support teacher for her. It has made me re-think teaching primary. I had one of the teachers watch me do a drama lesson with a group of grade ones and then she told me I should be a teacher LOL! Lady from your mouth to the administration at any universities ears!! I'm going to ask her for a letter of recomendation.

I have started buying some small things to bring back and sell in Canada, and buying and shopping are always fun. :)

1 comment:

Khali said...

!!!!

wankers!!

*HUGS*