Saturday, February 23, 2008

Leaning on Who?

So yesterday I got an email from my Mother. Said email is a forward from the managers of her property in Cumberland, as it turns out the house needs a new wood stove (fine), has cracks in the walls (uh oh), and has developed a lean to one side (wtf?). I want her to sell, sell like the wind! She says it is ordinary for homes of that age to settle into the ground a little. I say thats fine and dandy but if anything else happens she isn't going to be able to afford to pay to fix it. There are a lot of things I'm not good at, managing money is one of them, but I do think that her best option here is to sell the place. She has credit card debt and there is still money owed on this house. She could pay those off, and put some of the money into savings. She is worried about her future and I think that is reasonable. I just hope we make a good decision this time.

1 comment:

Khali said...

yeah, sell!!!!!!!!!!!!