Monday, July 7, 2008

Sweat till you can't sweat no more...

Its fuckin hot here.

We are in the midst of our second week of summer school. Tonight we are camping out at the school, and tomorrow we venture forth to see Kung-Fu Panda in a lovely, lovely air conditioned building.

Bits and Pieces

Some of my favorite students

Sammo
-this little man is hilarious, I met him when I subbed for his regular teacher. It was his birthday and his father owns a trianon bakery so they brought in this massive decadent cake, it was too die for!! For his birthday he was taken to a jewellery shop to pick out an opal, he was telling me how he likes good opals with "clarity of cut." He was also chatting with me about his favorite movies, nightmare on elm st, jaws, and the exorcist. He is a horror fan, and he knows them all, he likes the part in jaws when the mans leg falls off!!! Amber you'd love him, he is so funny!

Nasrine
-Little lady with huge blond afro and missing three of her front teeth, the gap in her mouth is huge, she is just adorable and so talented and funny.

Yahia
-Tiny terror walks up to kids 5 or 6 years older than him and slaps them. This kid has no fear at all of anyone. While I do not approve of his behaviour I admire his spirit.

Yaseen
-It must be difficult being good at everything. This child is just beautiful he gets everything in one go and has a really funny way about him. He never stops chatting though which means he spends a lot of time out on the hallway :(

Carol
-always greets me by shouting my name and running to hug me. Total sweety-pie.

Wrap Up

-It was really sad on the last few days of school everything was getting cleared away and people left really quickly. I miss a lot of the teachers and students. Valerie made a really good friend in Jeanne a neat lady from Toronto, we were both sad to see her go.

-We house sat for awhile but last night we moved Valerie into her new flat, and it is comfortable, this year she won't have any roomates which is something she had been hoping for.

Summer Camp
-I taught a group of children to sing baby beluga, and none of them started bleeding from the ears, miracles do happen.

-Our kids are pretty young they are 6 and 7 year olds. Two of them don't speak english which is challenging. They area really nice group though and aside from the odd break-down, we are having an excellent time.

2 comments:

Amber Grant said...

Naomi you are just to cute and very funny, miss you!!! I'm glad the kids are making an impression on you, sounds like you're having a great time.
Hugs,
Amber
PS. you're right, I would like that kid.

Khali said...

bleeding from the ears? I snorted my drink when I read that!

I'm glad you're having a good time nomes