Monday, July 7, 2008

Cheater cheater

I signed up for this camping malarky so I could use the computer all night.

Also I like kids, and the school campus is beautiful at twilight.
We have three days left of summer school and then we are going to the Dahab which is a beach town resort about 6-8 hours away by bus. We will sit on the beach and get brown and perhaps occasionally dip our feet in the crystal blue waters. We stopped at the "hab" as the locals call it once last month on our way back from the Sinai.

It was there that Mom casually mentioned to me "This is where the bombing was at our friends wedding."

Me: Oh?

Her: Yes, they found body parts on their balcony, it was very upsetting.

Of course I knew this story but I had not realised it was in the dahab. Being there was so surreal, you would never know anything had happened it is like hawaii, white people everywhere wearing next to nothing. When we went to Luxor at christmas time we stopped at Queen Hatshepsut's temple where several tourists had also been killed but there is no sign, nothing to indicate that extremists had killed several German tourists.

Male Attention
So this trip so far has been grope free. I have had a lot of hissing and funny noises and one brave soul told me I was booty-full. I was thankfull I mean one always wants to know that their booty is full. Can't be having with half full bootys. One of the male staff members told me that I looked very attractive at the grade eight graduation, that threw me for a loop. Um, thanks? It was funny because the woman he works with totally randomly gave me the exact same compliment like 5 minutes later, maybe it is just a run of the mill Egyptian compliment.

No comments: